So, I’ve been nominated by a couple of followers for this Liebster Award which is kind of like a viral award. There is no panel of judges nor process of selection. It is all based on giving fellow bloggers a little acknowledgement that they read and like your stuff. Since I’ve gotten two now (thanks again to stmsignificant and kpopfornoobcakes) , here is my big effort post for both of them:
Official rules for the Liebster award:
1. List 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions designated by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
3. Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
4. Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
5. Lastly, display the Liebster award badge on your blog!
1. Eleven Totally Random Facts About Me:
1. I went to UC Santa Cruz and I have a banana slug tattoo on my right arm. I loved the experience, can’t you tell?
2. I have a Jessica Jung official ‘I Got a Boy’ hat that I wear around town every now and then.
3. I’ve just started playing DOTA 2 and I’m afraid it’s going to eat up all my free time.
4. Four years ago, the only music I listened to was Southern Rap/Hip-Hop and the Dave Matthews Band and I would have argued for days that Lil’ Wayne was the best rapper alive.
5. My favorite sport to play is basketball but I’m not that good because while I started short (5’7″ as a freshman), I had a growth spurt in high school (6’3″ now) and my game never really adjusted to playing inside or outside.
6. The most irritating thing that people can call me on the court is “Yao Ming”. I strangely don’t mind being called Jeremy Lin.
7. I’m a third generation Chinese American who can’t speak any language but English.
8. My favorite TV show is a tie between The Wire and Arrested Development (Community and Game of Thrones may edge one of these depending on how they play out).
9. My favorite movie is Jurassic Park and yes, I’ve seen The Godfather, Casablanca, Dr. Strangelove and Citizen Kane.
10. I love Marvel Comics so much more than DC. Spider-Man is my personal hero.
11. My dad’s written an e-book and my brother is a Creative Writing major. I guess writing runs in the blood.
2. Answering Questions Posed By Your Nominators.
I’ll start with Small Things Made Significant’s questions:
1. If you could eat only one dish for the rest of your life – what would it be?
Pho. And it’s not even close.
2. What’s your favorite work of art?
Ooooh. ‘In My Life’ by the Beatles may be the perfect two and a half minutes ever written by a young John Lennon (seriously who writes like that in their early twenties?).
3. What’s the electronic device you can’t live without?
The computer I’m writing this on. Until I replace it in a couple weeks.
4. What’s your favorite cartoon?
Favorite animated TV show is The Simpsons. The first 9 seasons are perfect.
5. What’s your favorite music video?
Perfume’s “Spending All My Time”. Yeah, J-Pop stealth answer.
6. Are you fashion obsessed or fashion indifferent?
I’ll lean more towards obsessed. I care about what I look like when I go out and tend to get caught up in conversations about fashion and weirdly, how sports jerseys look.
And now for kpopfornoobcakes questions:
1. If there was one celebrity you could chill with (like just hang out, you don’t get to go on a date with them), who would it be?
Sunny of SNSD. She seems like the most fun to hang out with and she always seems to have a great sense of humor (and I would totally ask her to give Jessica Jung my number).
2. Invent an occupation. Make it as serious or humorous as you want. (It’s not a question, but I’m a rebel xD)
Professional Puppy Play Pal.
3. If you could instantaneously acquire a talent, what would you pick?
The ability to speak Cantonese.
4. Best restaurant you ever ate at. What did you order? Why was it the best?
A little place called Pho King (yes, that’s its name and no, it’s not ironic) in Oakland. The Dac Biet Pho, which is just the combination with everything is the best I’ve ever had and it’s still only seven bucks for a bowl.
5. Title a college course where you would impart your knowledge to 50 new freshmen. For bonus points, write the class description. (I’m really bad at this question thing)
Examining the K-Pop Aesthetic 101
The course will go over the genre of K-Pop, it’s various influences and what makes K-Pop a unique musical genre. Class work will include writing essays on the history of Korean pop music, Korean cultural attitudes towards sexuality in regards to music, and writing sonnets and poems to Wang Fei Fei and Jessica Jung.
6. What is your favorite rainy day activity?
Staying inside with a warm cup of coffee and a book (or writing). If I’m with people, then a round of beer and some card game (usually Dominion).
Blogs I Nominate:
http://empresslilo28.wordpress.com/ (stealth nomination because I couldn’t find you under kdrama&more)
Questions for the blogs nominated:
1. God descends from heaven and says that you can know one thing about your future. What would you want to know?
2. What is the one song you cannot live without?
3. What superpower would you want to have?
4. You can travel anywhere in the world for one day. Where would you go and what would you do?
5. What is your spirit animal?
6. Your last meal. What is it?
Thanks to the two excellent blogs which have awesome taste in this one here and to everyone who reads my rants. Y’all rock.